Saturday, November 27, 2010

She's almost here...

Well, I'm officially 39 1/2 weeks pregnant with our second daughter. I'm still feeling great- which is such a blessing, and loving the end of this pregnancy. I think that knowing I'm about to have a major life switch, as opposed to really having no clue what is about to happen, is helping me embrace the last few days I have with just Greta. She is growing up so fast, almost 14 months old now, and loves life. She is truly a "joy-bringer". I can't go anywhere without people stopping me to talk about her and her smile.

We are having a home birth with this babe, as opposed to my un-medicated hospital birth with Greta, and are thrilled! We found two amazing midwives that fit perfectly with us. We also, through lots and lots of phone calls and paperwork, have found a way to get insurance to cover this birth! Praise God.

So, we're in the final stages of preparing our place for her. I've got all the birth supplies here, the babies clothes are washed and ready, diapers are purchased, and I'm in one of the best states mentally I think I could be. Now we just wait! She is not officially due until next Wednesday, 4 days from now, and I've thought all along that she'll probably come late, just like Greta (3 days only though).

Now here's where we come to the dilemma- we have no idea what to name her. No idea. We've been throwing around names since we found out she was a girl and can't, for the life of us, decide on one. A few months ago we decided that it would be alright to wait until we meet her but as the time draws nearer, I'm nervous that we don't even have two or three to choose from, we have 6! So- weigh in if you'd like but here is what we're thinking:

Name Meaning
Violet- violet flower
Mirian- longed for child
Audrey- noble strength
Adrienne- dark one
Louise- famous warrior
Beatrix- blessed

I think they all have a nice ring with Greta- which was important- but we really can't decide. Violet and Audrey might be a little too popular these days but honestly- that doesn't bother me too much- just want a name that fits her!

So- as we enjoy these last few days I'm hoping that God speaks to us clearly and that we are able to name her appropriately!

4 comments:

  1. Emily,
    I remmeber what a hard time we had coming up with names for Julia. I've always loved the name Julia, but Jason was sure until we paired it with a middle name - then it sounded great - Julia Grace. I love the meaning of Audrey, but all the names are great. We struggled a little with naming Karis as well and thought we'd wait until she was born - it didn't help - we still had to decide. I love the names we picked for all of our kids and I'm sure you will too! Way to go on almost completing your 2nd pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey sticks out to me, I like the sound of the name itself, the meaning, and I think it totally goes with Greta! After Audrey I like Mirian and Violet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. by the way, that other name I was going to tell you about was Emme, but I'm not sure of the meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also LOVE the name Audrey. It was the one I liked the most from the list, and I just love "older" names anyway. They just sound classy. I have a special fondness for Louise as well, but that's probably because it's my grandma's name and my middle name is named after her ;)

    ReplyDelete