Saturday, February 13, 2010

Servant

"Not so with you, instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave- just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." Matthew 20: 26-28

These verses were part of our reading this morning. How do we do this? How do we teach this? More and more the realization that I am responsible for the spiritual well being of my dear little one has been impressed upon me. It is our, her father's and my, responsibility to teach her the ways of our Lord and to show her how to live in such a way.

We have opened our home for the past month or so to some friends in need of a place to rest, heal, and be loved. I guess my feeling behind it all is that it really isn't our home. I mean, we pay for it every month, and all of "our" stuff is in it, but it really isn't our house. We are merely taking care of it for Him. So, with that said, why not open it up when others need it? How am I to claim to be a "Christian" if I don't act like it. And could you imagine Christ doing anything differently if he knew of someone needing a place to stay?

I have been blessed. Blessed with a wonderful family who love me for who I am. Blessed with an incredible husband who treats me with more respect that I could have ever deserved. Blessed with a beautiful daughter who's spirit is delightful and who's smile is contagious. Blessed with friends who encourage me and who make me laugh. Why not share the blessings? If this is what it means to be a servant of Christ than sign me up.

Compelled

By Sara Groves

What a relief it is to know
I’m a slave to Christ
Of all the masters I have known
I’m compelled to live this life
Free for you

I’m on the other side of something
I’m on the other side of something

I have a new hope that blows away
The small hopes I knew before
And at the end of the day I am yours
And I am compelled

You’ve written on my very heart
Where no man can legislate
The law of your love has taken hold
With your holiness and grace
There’s no mistake

I’m on the other side of something
I’m coming out the other side, the other side

I have a new hope that blows away
The small hopes I knew before
And at the end of the day I am yours
And I am compelled

I am drawn and driven, I am compelled
You have written it, I am compelled
You live in me
And I can’t help myself

No comments:

Post a Comment