Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Camping

I love this day. This is the last day before camp. This is the preparation day. I have my to-do list. My groceries purchased. My clothes cleaned. My packing list has been tweaked, to add the stuff we now need for Miss Greta, and it's been printed! Now all I have to do is start.

This year I'm making jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon for the wine tasting that I will not be able to participate in. I need to prepare those ahead of time as they can take a little while and then I don't have to worry about doing it once we are there. I also need to make egg salad for one of the lunches we're going to have there.

We are trying something different with food this year. We always end up driving home with extra food so instead, we are going to do food communally this year. Everyone has been assigned a meal, or three, and they are responsible for providing food for everyone in our group. Should be kind of fun to see how it works! I think I like change. Actually, I know I do.

I always over pack knitting projects for these sorts of trips. I get optimistic thinking about how much I could accomplish, pack a ton of bags of knitting supplies, and rarely knit. I'm currently working on a birthday gift for my friend's twins- not needed until December and so I think I'll bring that.

I met Daniel camping. That is where we fell in love 6 years later. We got married with most of our camp friends around us, outside. We love to travel together and we love to be outside. Memorial Day is always fun, even in the rain. Here's to a fabulous weekend ahead. Oh, and it's Greta's first time camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment