Thursday, December 8, 2011

Audrey Lou

Well, it's official. My baby is one! You heard right, 1! Exactly one year ago today, almost to the minute, I gave birth to my second daughter, Audrey Louise, right in this very house. It was such a beautiful morning. Cold like today but I'm pretty sure there was about a foot or so more of snow on the ground. We were so excited for her arrival!

I don't think words can truly express how I feel about this little one.

First of all- she's the chubby baby I've dreamed of all my life.
Second of all- she was completely unexpected. Completely. And yet, she couldn't fit more perfectly with the rest of us.

Third- she has a smile that will melt your heart. Seriously. Melt it.

Fourth- Growing up without a sister I always dreamed of what it would be like. I LOVE that I'm getting to witness the relationship between sisters first hand. Audrey adores Greta. They are like playmates. It's a precious relationship I hope to foster well.

The list could go on and on but the moral is this-
our family has been blessed by Audrey Lou and we thank God for her constantly!

Happy, happy birthday my little Lou-
Mama

3 comments: