Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas, Round 2

We are gearing up for Christmas with our Kansas family now and I couldn't be more excited! Usually we drive down there either Christmas day or the following day but this year my man had to work. So we decided to leave after he's done working tomorrow, and it's given me just the time that I needed. Christmas with my family is always wonderful but oh so busy. It starts on the 23rd and ends on the afternoon of the 25th with not much of a break in between. I'm not complaining. I love it all, each and every minute of it, but it's busy.

So having a break this year has been really nice. A couple of days to settle into our regular routine again. A couple days of eating normal again instead of overeating. A couple of days of quiet time in our own space.

And then Kansas. We'll get to celebrate all over again with Dan's family and we are so excited! Plus, we'll be down there for the annual New Year's Eve Party we love to attend.

The theme this year is "Come as your favorite SNL character". Dan and I have something really great in the works. Let's just say if you're at the party you'll be sick of hearing us "cheer" all night long!

4 comments:

  1. Is the SNL theme for Christmas or New Years? Because having a themed Christmas would be awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kier- great question! It's for New Year's but you're giving me some ideas for next year....

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to see some pictures of you and dan dressed up as those cheerleaders...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley- Check out Google + (yup- it still exists!) I posted a photo there of us all dressed up!

    ReplyDelete