Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter, 2012 style


We got to host Easter again this year!
It's a new tradition that started a few years ago and I absolutely love it. So much so, that it keeps me up at night planning and preparing for the big day. I LOVE having people in my house. I love cooking for people. I love decorating with memorable supplies that will light my Grandmother's face up!

Both my man and I have a heart to welcome all to our table. We have been so blessed by God that it's only fair to share with others, right? So we always invite friends. Friends who don't have family in town. Friends who are single and needing a place to go. Friends who we like to spend time with. Really, anyone can come. It's so much fun. And then both our families come. Mine from around the cities and Dan's from KS.

It's a full house and I wouldn't have it any other way. There were 20 adults this year and 5 kids! We had an Easter egg hunt courtesy of my dear friend Mel. We had ham, egg dish, potato dish, pineapple casserole, rolls, and plenty of sweets to go around. We drank Mimosas courtesy of my dear friend Shelby and strong, dark coffee. We had a tres leche cake that will rock your world. Seriously- I highly recommend it. Invite me over when you make it as a taste tester. I'll bring some coffee. Yum.

It was delightful.

But the best part.

The prayer before the meal. My man said grace and in his words of Thankfulness to our Lord and Savior he said this simple statement, "Thank you for dying for us. Without you our lives are nothing". I can't stop thinking about how true he is. Without an eternal focus on Christ and the blessings he's poured out on us, we're inwardly focused and prideful.

Oh Easter- I love the reminder of Spring, New life, and true Joy that you bring.

3 comments:

  1. as my grandmother always used to say, "i guess my invitation got lost in the mail"!

    looks and sounds lovely, and i love those pioneer woman recipes. i'll give that cake a try sometime!

    see you soon, lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah friend, next year :) I'm not sure where you and your crew would have sat! Love.

      Delete
  2. I think we're crashing next year! That sounds like so much fun. :) So glad you had a great time celebrating the Resurrection, it's so good to be able to enjoy that with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete