I had a lovely birthday this year. Simple, but lovely. My family and my man's family all pitched in and bought us a new tent! It's this giant 10 person tent that will successfully fit a queen size air bed, a pack and play, and this cute blow up air mattress for Greta. I can't wait for Memorial Day weekend so we can try it out! Along with the tent I was showered with beautiful words from friends and lovely gifts. I am blessed.
When your birthday rolls around do you ever think about where you thought you'd be by this age? Or what you'd be doing? I do.
So- where did I think I'd be at 28?
Exactly where I am.
- I wanted to get married young. Luckily I met my man at 14 (don't worry- we didn't start dating until I was 20). We got married when I was 22 years old and I couldn't be happier.
- I wanted to be a teacher. I graduated college at 22 and was able to land a teaching job the following year. I was able to do it for two years before choosing to stay home with my children.
- I wanted to be a mother. Dan and I got pregnant with Greta in December of '08 and had her the day after our third anniversary. Then we got the loveliest surprise of all with another baby due the following year. Audrey joined our family when I was 26 and she is absolutely delightful.
- I wanted to own a home. Something about having your own place meant a lot to me and it was a goal I had. Done.
- I really wanted to be a strong Christian with a life that looked like the life I talked about. I'm still not there but hope to be :) Just a work in progress I guess.
Enjoy life. And what's left of my twenties.