Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

I think I've come to love the month of May.  First of all- it's a beautiful time of the year! Second of all, my birthday is in the first week.  Third of all, Mother's Day is the following weekend.  And then to top it all off, Memorial Day weekend comes and I get to spend an entire weekend with some of my favorite people on the planet.

This morning I woke up to two sick little girls.  I promptly went back to bed.  An hour later I woke up to the smell of strong, dark coffee and monkey bread.  Yes!

Then, the card.  How sweet! I look forward to many more years of homemade cards!
Then, the gift.  I wasn't expecting anything, not after last week and the gift of our new tent.  But my man knows me well.  And he bought me not one but two new stock pots for all the soup I make.  I no longer have to borrow my friend Mel's pot!

So, we're skipping church, since the girls are sick, and laying low, but I kind of love it.  All four of us are still in our pajamas!  We'll have dinner with my mom and dad later on but for now, it's just us.

So- Happy Mother's Day to all you Mom's out there! Hope you find a way to enjoy this lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment