Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Greta's Dedication Dress

Well, we're having Greta dedicated. I've been working on something for her to wear for the big event for quite some time now. Here's what has happened.

I started a dress with a sweet and simple pattern only to find that it was just way too big.
Then, I found another pattern, checked my gauge, and knit the entire thing... only to find that this too was quite too large for my little babe. This dress is called Oriental Lily and I thought it would be just perfect. I made it white with a pink sash around the center. It will probably fit her for Easter of 2011!
So, I have officially started the third dress for this babe and I'm not more that two inches from the bottom, (it's a bottom up dress) and I already think it's too big.

All that to say, if any of you know of a good place to find an affordable dedication dress, read less than $20, let me know. We're running out of time here and I just can't knit that fast!

5.3.10
Photos added of the dress!

Nana is happy!

and so is baby Greta! (Mama too of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment