Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Knitter's Year

So it was my birthday last week.
27!
Yup- late twenties, here I am!

(here am I, on my birthday, with my darling Greta!)

Anyway, my mother-in-law got me this lovely book, among other things, and I haven't been able to put it down. Nope- it's not the latest best-selling fiction. Nope- it's not the newest trilogy. It's a knitting book. By Debbie Bliss. And I'm in love. It's called The Knitter's Year and it has outlined how to make 52 projects, each taking a week long.

So I was talking about this with another friend and she mentioned how I should try to blog about each project as I do it. (disclaimer- I'm terrible at finishing projects. And, I'm terrible at doing them fast. So I might get one or two mostly completed in the next year!)
(that friend with my little G- her God daughter)

So project number one is from the Spring section of the book (which is ironic because technically, it's Spring in MN but yesterday was 90+ degrees with some lovely humidity thrown in there and just last week it snowed). So I'm going to do the first project in the book- A basket! I plan on making to go in our bathroom that we just redid.

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment