Sunday, July 10, 2011

Deal of the Week

I couldn't resist sharing my "extreme couponing" moment of the week!

I had a coupon for $1 off Johnsonville Chicken Sausages. While at Target (one of my favorite places to shop! Usually with this gal) today I spotted the brat section. I saw Turkey Brats. And all Beef Brats. But no Chicken brats. Bummer. Well, I scooped up a pack that looked tasty and thought I'd try the coupon anyway. I continued shopping in the same meat department and noticed that they had specific varieties of the same brats on sale- like on sale for $1.27 a pack. I'm not kidding. So again, not knowing if the coupon would work or not- I just scooped them up and put the other ones back right there on the shelf ( I know, sorry). Once at the register I watched the total of my bill, something not uncommon for me these days as we live life on a budget! I handed Evelyn, the lovely cashier, my coupon and sure enough, it went through! I got an entire pack of smoked brats for $.27. That's 4 1/2 cents a brat. And the best part is- they were delicious!

Here's to scoring more deals like that! Anyone else grab anything for super cheap or free?

No comments:

Post a Comment