Sunday, July 31, 2011

Goodbyes

I'm not very good at them. Goodbyes that is.

I've recently said goodbye, for now, to a friend. I didn't think we'd ever say it but the time has come and circumstances are now out of my control. It makes me really sad.

I'm in the process of saying goodbye, to another friend, because she's moving. And it's hard. I'm not sure when we'll see each other again and I think that makes it even harder. I'm doing the best I can to maintain my composure but I'm pretty sure around noon on Tuesday you'll find me in a heap on my living room floor. Not even sure how to express how grateful I've been for this friend for the past couple of years. She lived across the street from me and we shared coffee, both hot and iced, together, almost every afternoon on my porch. It's be wonderful. Her kids are comfortable with me and mine with her. We know each other. Well.

Our two oldest and their "babies"

I think I'll just give her a hug and pretend I'll see her the next day, when we finally say, Goodbye. It'll be easier that way.

But for now, I'll cry.

1 comment: