Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Our New Year Resolution

I've never read the Bible entirely. Never. I've always wanted to but never done it. Amazing since I graduated from a Bible College and have been a Christian for as long as I can remember. So, I'm committing myself to do it. I want to read, out loud, to Greta every day from the Old Testament and the New Testament. We started in December to see how it goes and she loves it. Well, she loves listening to people talk and "talking" back, so, we're going to stick with it. After our first morning feeding I make my coffee, open up the Word, and get to it. Today we read in Matthew and Genesis. Some of the words spoke to me:



Do not lay up for yourselves treasure on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;
but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Matthew 6:19-21

I guess my thought is that one day, when Greta is older, I'll give her the Bible that we've read together and share with her about her first year and the wonderful mornings we shared together. I'm so blessed to be able to do this with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment