Thursday, March 31, 2011

18 months

It's here. Greta will be officially 18 months old tomorrow, April 1st. She'll be 1 and 1/2. That's crazy to me. Shear craziness. Here's what she's up to these days.


Walking around the house like crazy. She owns the place. And when she walks, she pumps her right arm as if it's helping steady her balance. It's hilarious.


Talking like crazy. Actually, about a week ago I started to get a little nervous. I've never counted her words before. I've never really written them down so I never really knew how many she had. I recently read in a book that they are supposed to have close to 50 words around 18 months. I thought she might be falling behind. Nope. She's not. I started counting this after writing them down. She's doing just fine. Here's what I know for sure she says (or signs which I heard counts too!):
Mama, Daddy, Abba, Nana, Bita, Grammi, key, ball, car, thank you, more, please, yes, no, sock, Audrey, milk, all done, down, up, help, wow, whoa, cookie, bath, water, baby, amen, pray, music, brush...


Laughing. She loves to laugh and to make others laugh. It's great. Best sound in the world, hands down.

Climbing. This is a new stage for Greta. She usually doesn't climb things. In fact, until recently, she's wanted help going up stairs. She now loves to climb the ottoman in our living room and she loves to climb her chair. She tries really hard to get onto the couch by herself but still needs a little help.

Following directions. I've been practicing this with Greta. She is an amazing listener! I can ask her to do something simple like, "Put this in the basket please" and she does it. Last week I tried something a little harder like, "go to your drawer and get your snack cup please". And guess what, she did it! She actually brought me her snack cup from her drawer in the kitchen! Such an obedient child.


On that note- not following directions. She's got a will and let me tell you, when she wants to exert it, she will!

I absolutely love this child. She is such a precious little girl and I cannot wait to see who she will become. She fills our house with such joy!

Oh dear Greta- happy 18 months. I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment