Sunday, September 11, 2011

Finding myself in my day to day life

I've been working on a few different projects lately.
I've been making a goal to do something active/creative at least once a day.
It's really helping boost moral in the Hansen household.

I started running.
My goal is to complete a 5k before the end of the year and to live to tell about it. My first one is scheduled for two weeks from today and yesterday I ran for 30 minutes without stopping. That, my friends, is amazing compared to what I used to be able to do (about 90 sec. to 2 minutes without stopping). Plus- it ended up being almost 3 miles which is fairly close to a 5k. I'm almost there! (Sorry- no picture to post on this one!)

I started quilting.
Well, not really. I made two mini quilts for my dear friend Bree who just delivered deliciously yummy twin girls. Lucy and Dottie were born on Tuesday morning and are doing great! I threw this friend of mine a baby shower with some other gals this past summer and we made animal print iron-on onesies for her shower. I had some of the same material leftover and decided to whip the pieces together for a little quilt for the babes. My other dear friend Shelby helped me with this a ton!

I wanted to embroider their initials onto the quilts so that they could always remember whose is whose. So I printed off their initials in a font that I liked and outlined and sewed the piece of paper right onto the quilt in the spot that I wanted it. Then I just ripped the paper away and was left with this adorable looking hand embroidered initial set.

Dorothy "Dottie" Lynn N

I started coastering. (Don't worry, it's a word now)
On pintrest I saw these adorable coasters and new I had to make a set. I bought a box of white tiles from Home Depot, a bottle of clear spray paint, and mini chair pads. I already had scrap book paper that I loved as well as modpodge. So I was set to go. From start to finish this project took me about 2 hours and I was able to do it all while the girls were napping. I sold some of them at our recent Labor Day camping weekend and got rave reviews! I also just made a set for a friend of mine who is getting married in a couple of weekends. For them I added some letters (her first name initial, his, their new last name, and L for Love!)


Speaking of Pintrest. My dear friend Shelby pinned this the other day and so we decided to make some together for wedding gifts for our upcoming events. I love how mine turned out! I can't wait for my dear friend to open hers and realize that it's pieces of their wedding invitation all cut up!

3 comments:

  1. The ornament turned out great! Let's be crafty together again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that ornament! what a fabulous idea.

    also, i am so proud of you for taking on the running. you are killing it and i can't wait to do your first race with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally saw and pinned that ornament the other day. fun idea. also love the quilts. AND 30 minutes running... look at you go! crafty mccrafterton!

    ReplyDelete