Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My first race!

It's been a while since I've blogged but I have about 15 things to write about. Well, maybe not 15 but awfully close.

I'll start with something I'm so proud of:
I ran my first 5k last Sunday morning!

(Can you tell we were excited?!)

I actually did it! 9 months after delivering Audrey and almost 2 years after Greta, 3 months into running, and a c25k program later, I ran a race. And I did pretty good, if I do say so myself!

(You can see my stats above- finishing the race in under 31 minutes! Not bad for my first one!)

I did the Women Run the Cities race right here in Minneapolis, on a gorgeous Sunday morning, with my dear friend Ashley by my side. She's run a few races before and was quite the trooper to pace with me and stick by my side!

Our cheering section rocked! Ash's family came, her husband John and her two kiddos- Zeke and Nash. My man came (thanks babe!). And my folks came with our two kids (who spent the night at their place the night before because we were helping with a wedding- another blog post to come!), Greta and Audrey!


Once the race started it was hard not to run full speed. But the guy at the running place where we picked up our packets told me to start slow. So I tried. But I was just so darn excited!

(me getting my cool t-shirt and bib!)

I did think I was going to throw up around 2.5 miles. But Ashley told me to tuck it away and that's just what I did. Also, she advised me to take my hat off. I did that too. Both things helped immensely. So did burping. Lots of info, huh?


And then, once we saw the finish line, we sprinted. It was a blast.


So next up:
Monster Dash on October 29th and then the Thanksgiving Day Race in Kansas City on T-day 2011!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on a great race! You seem to have already caught the racing bug - two more races already planned? That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete