Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Our dinner tonight

Well, after a 25 minute run and a full day including but not limited to: a dr. appt for Audrey, our first BSF (Bible Study Fellowship), lunch with my niece, naptime (watering the garden, hanging the diapers out to dry, coffee with my friend/neighbor), and a trip to Rainbow for groceries, I decided to make dinner. With the ingredients I had on hand/purchased from the grocery store.

I made this pesto on Sunday afternoon using fresh basil from my garden and our local Camden Farmer's Market. I reheated it tonight on the stove top and added more fresh tomatoes from our garden.


I made this lovely potato dish tonight! It was delicious.

Here's what I did:
I made my own rosemary infused olive oil by following the directions and using rosemary that my amazing husband lovingly picked from our garden.
I cut the fingerling potatoes (also from the local farmer's market) into 1" pieces.
I doused the potatoes in a couple of tablespoons of my special olive oil.
I added 5 cloves of garlic (whole) into this mixture!
I roasted the potatoes for 20 minutes in a 400° oven.
I then added the asparagus that had been also drenched in the olive oil I made.
And roasted it all for another 8 minutes, making sure to stir everything up every couple of minutes so it didn't stick.
Then I salted and peppered the whole thing.
Then I ate it. All. Well, I shared with Daniel but I didn't want to. He made me. He was hungry.

All in all it was a delicious dinner that I enjoyed with a glass of Columbia Crest Wine (a tribute to our wedding- our 5 year anniversary is coming up soon!)

Don't judge me for all the starches. I'm doing my best to just eat what we have and well, this is what we had. Tomorrow I'm hoping to grill blackened chicken and make this with all the zucchini I have!

1 comment: