Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Our dinner tonight

Well, as promised, I made that zucchini dish I mentioned yesterday and it was delicious.
Here's the recipe and here are my adjustments!
Wish I would have snapped a photo because the colors were gorgeous.

Ingredients:
1 small onion, thinly sliced (I had one from my garden!)
1 Tbs olive oil
1 medium zucchini, cubed (also from my garden)
1 can of diced tomatoes, drained (our tomatoes didn't do nearly as well as we had hoped they would this year)
2 Tbs chopped green pepper, about 1/2 of a green pepper (from our garden)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 Tbs grated parmesan cheese
1 Tbs Italian Bread crumbs

I sauted the onions in a small skillet with the oil. Then added the rest of the veggies. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Then I poured all the contents into my casserole dish and topped with the bread crumbs and cheese. I then baked the whole thing, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Yum. Absolutely delicious!

Served with a grilled steak (probably the last time we'll grill this year as Fall is definitely upon us) and crescent rolls. Oh, and a glass of wine for good measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment